- Object-Oriented Code: Classes and instances. Behaviour encapsulation. Using constructors and the
new keyword for creating instances of objects.
- Creating Elements: Inserting elements into the DOM and the associated pitfalls.
- Canvas: Painting and animating on the newfangled HTML 5
- Local Storage: Saving things across refreshes. Browser support and limitations.
- Errors and Exceptions: Throwing all our toys out of the pram.
- Regular Expressions: /(some|no)thing/i of interest. Matching and replacing.
- Closures: What is a closure? Why are they incredibly powerful?
- Backbone: A short introduction to BackboneJS. Building a (very) simple app and showing how Backbone does MVC.
- Angular: As above, but with Angular.