Building on the Tutorials, a small selection of how-to techniques, outlining ways in which common web design features can be achieved.
- Pull Quotes: a traditional print effect
- Drop Caps: another print tradition
- Superscript and Subscript: alternatives to the
- Customized Underlines: alternatives to using
- Rollovers: changing the appearance of graphical links when the cursor hovers over them
- CSS Tabs: creating basic tab-like navigation
- CSS Dropdowns: taking advantage of
:hoverand list items
:targetto toggle the display of navigation.
- Form to Email: using PHP to grab submitted form data and send it to a given email address
- Custom 404 Error Page: making your own “page not found” error page